- 1 portobello mushroom
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans
- Small handful of spinach
- 2 slices of a large tomato or a few cherry tomatoes, chopped guacamole
- Black pepper
1) Preheat oven at 400 degrees F
2) Wash the mushroom. Twist off the stem and discard. Pat the mushroom dry then rub it with the olive oil. Place on baking tray with gills facing down. Bake for 10 minutes then flip and bake another 10 minutes.
3) Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the carrot, zucchini, onion, garlic and 1/4 cup water and cook until almost tender. Slightly mash the black beans with a fork add the black beans to the pan and cook until the means are heated through and the vegetables are tender.
4) Remove mushrooms from the oven and plate it with the gills facing up. Top with the spinach the black bean mixture and the tomatoes. Top with guacamole and season with black pepper.
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page