Make this side dish of sweet potatoes, bleu cheese and bacon for a holiday or any occasion!
- 3-5 large sweet potatoes or garnet yams, clean & cut into ¼ inch rounds – leave skin on
- Season with the following: garlic salt, cracked black pepper, smoked paprika & dried thyme
- Olive oil, to lightly coat sweet potatoes
- 8 ounces cooked & crumbed bacon
- 8 ounces bleu cheese, crumbled
- Chives, snipped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with rack(s) in middle.
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and seasonings
- Arrange in a single layer on baking sheets and bake for about 25-30 minutes until sweet potatoes are golden brown and softened
- Take potatoes out of oven, put rack in lower ½ of the oven and set temperature to low broil.
- Top each sweet potato round with bleu cheese and bacon crumbles. Broil until the cheese is bubbling & melted. Let cool in baking sheets on racks and top with snipped chives.