1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Put cubed sweet potato in a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes until fully cooked. Drain.
3. Place sweet potato, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in a stand mixer (or a large bowl and use a hand mixer), beat a few times to combine. Add the egg and beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Spoon potato mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Combine flours, coconut oil, and maple syrup & flakes in a bowl. Mix with your hands until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. You can also use a food processor. Add in chopped almonds, and sprinkle over potato mixture.
5. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.