Ingredients for Sandwich
- 8 pieces sourdough bread
- 4 eggs, sunny side up
- 1.5 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1.5 cups, smoked gouda shredded
- 16 tb butter (4 tb butter per sandwich)
- 2 avocados (half per sandwich)
- 8-10 tb cilantro mayo (see recipe below)
- 8-12 pcs of cooked bacon
- salt and pepper
Ingredients for Cilantro Mayo
- 1 cup mayo
- 3 t creme fraiche
- 1 bunch cilantro, rough chop
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
Directions for Making Sandwich
1) Make the bacon according to the instructions
2) In a large bowl mix both cheeses together
3) Butter 8 pieces of bread on one side. Place butter side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
4) On the other side of the bread, spread 1/2 t of mayo per slice. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese on 4 pieces of the bread.
5) Snap pieces of bacon (2-3 pieces per sandwich) in half and place on top of the cheese.
6) Place the cooked egg on top of the bacon.
7) Open and slice avocados and place 1/2 per sandwich.
8) Equally distribute the remaining cheese among the 4 sandwiches.
9) Close the sandwich with the butter side of the bread on the outside, mayo side on the cheese. Gently press the sandwich together, being careful not to break the egg yolk.
Directions for Cooking Sandwich
1) In a cast iron or non stick pan, heat on medium heat, melt 1 t butter (per side-2
per sandwich). Pan fry the sandwich until golden brown, 3-5 min, flip and repeat
on other side.
2)Place in a preheated 350 degree oven until heated through, approx 3-4 minutes. serve immediately (hot sauce optional and recommended!)
Directions for Cilantro Mayo
1) Juice of one lime
2) Place all ingredients in a Vitamix or blender and
3) Blend until smooth, adjust seasoning with salt and `pepper.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page