To Prepare Sushi Rice
1) Rinse the rice in a strainer or colander until the water runs clear. -Combine 2 cups of sushi rice with 2 cups of water.
2) Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes. -Remove from the heat and let stand, covered for 10 minutes.
3) In a small saucepan, combine the rice vinegar, sugar and salt.
4) Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
5) Transfer the rice into a large wooden or glass bowl, add the vinegar mixture and fold thoroughly to combine and coat each grain of rice with the mixture.
1) In a bowl combine chopped tuna, sriracha, green onions, sesame oil, mayonnaise and sesame seeds. Mix to combine.
2) Lay our your bamboo mat, and place one sheet of soy paper on top. Spread 1⁄4 cup of sushi rice with your fingers evenly over the soy paper. Keep a bowl of water next to you so you can keep your fingers wet, this prevents the rice sticking to your hands.
3) Place 1⁄4 cup of tuna mixture in a line towards the bottom the rice. Add 4-6 sticks of cucumber and a couple of slices of avocado. Next sprinkle a bit of tobiko and a few sprigs of cilantro on top.
4) Roll the sheet, applying pressure as you roll.
5) Once you have a nice “roll”, remove from the bamboo mat, wrap the roll in a square of parchment paper like a burrito. Seal with a piece of tape. Cut the “burrito” in half and enjoy with various dipping sauces!
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page