A delicious recipe that Susan Lucci learned from her grandmother.
- Flour 1 ½ cups
- Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Sugar ½ cup for batter, ½ cup for cinnamon sugar mix
- Eggs 1 (well beaten)
- Milk ½ cup
- Butter ½ cup (melted)
- 5 Tart Apples
- Cinnamon 1/2 Teaspoon
Susan Lucci's Apple Cake - Home & Family
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar. Mix eggs, milk, butter.
2. Stir eggs, milk and butter mixture gently into the flour mixture. Pour batter ¾ inch thick into a buttered round or oblong pan.
3. Pare 5 tart apples, core, cut in eighths, and press the sharp edges of the apples into the batter in parallel rows. Sprinkle with ½ cup sugar mixed with ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
4. Bake at 350 degrees until apples are tender (about 25 minutes).
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicous recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page