- 1 lb. egg noodles. cooked
- 2 sticks butter (8 oz.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites, whipped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- Dotted with slices of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter until softened. Add the sugar, egg yolks, sour cream, and cottage cheese.
- Then mix in the cooked noodles. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Put noodle mixture in a buttered and lightly floured deep dish casserole and top with plenty of frosted flakes. Place slices of butter around the top and bake for about 30-40 minutes.
Chef Susan Feniger Cooks Noodle Kugel
Make sure you visit Susan's new restaurant, Mud Hen Tavern, at www.mudhentavern.com.