Directions to the Summer Salad
1) Place 4-6 ears of corn in a hotel pan partially husked with butter (room temperature) fresh sprigs of thyme and a little pressed garlic clove. Place in the oven for about 20 min. or (until they have a nice roasted charred appearance) on high heat (450-500)
2) Take 2 of each, red, green and yellow peppers, and fire roast them until skin is blackened all around.
3) Place peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic so they sweat. This makes them easy to peel.
4) While corn and peppers are roasting, take 1 large red heirloom tomato and 2 small to medium yellow heirloom tomatoes core and cut (small-medium diced) place in medium size mixing bowl.
5) Peel the roasted peppers and de-seed them. Julienne them and then cut them in a small dice.
6) Add the cut peppers to the mixing bowl with the tomatoes.
7) Chop 1 med sized bunch of cilantro and add to the bowl.
8) Add 2-3 tbsp. of white wine vinegar
9) Add 2 tbsp. olive oil
10) Take the roasted corn and remove the husk and shave the corn off the cob, and place corn kernels in the mixing bowl.
11) Add salt and pepper to taste.
12) Refrigerate the salad for up to 1hr.
Directions for Mayo
1) Fire roast 2 large red peppers. Place in a bowl and cover with saran wrap so they sweat, making them easy to peel.
2) Remove from bowl. Peel and de-seed. Cut peppers in half or larger pieces.
3) In a blender place the peppers and 3 tbsp. of white wine vinegar and salt to taste.
4) Blend for about 20-30 seconds.
5) In a mixing bowl place 2 cups of mayo and fold in the blended roasted peppers.
6) Place mixture in refrigerator for about an hour or until firm.
DIrections for Burger
1) Cook burgers in a skillet or flat top grill about 3-4 min per side or until medium or desired temperature.
2) While burger is cooking toast buns if applicable.
3) Add cheddar cheese before taking off the grill or pan and let melt.
4) Place bottom bun on plate and place the cooked burger on top.
5) Scoop (using a slotted spoon) the prepared summer salad on top of the burger.
6) Spread the prepared roasted pepper mayo on the top bun generously or as desired.
7) Place the top bun on the burger and serve
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page