- 6 ounces slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 ounces prunes
- 4 ounces dried cherries
- 4 ounces dried apricots
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon anise seeds, toasted
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds, toasted
- ¼ teaspoon caraway seeds, toasted
- ¼ teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted
- pinch kosher salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup coarse sugar (in any color, for coating)
Yield: 30 Sugar Plums
1. Crush toasted seeds in mortar and pestle, or coarsely grind in spice grinder.
2. Pulse almonds, prunes, cherries, apricots, and ground/toasted seeds in food processor until chopped finely and just beginning to stick together.
3. Pour chopped mixture into bowl of stand mixer and beat with paddle while pouring in honey. Continue to mix while sprinkling in powdered sugar.
4. Scoop mixture into ½-ounce portions (~1 tablespoon each), then roll in coarse sugar and serve.
Recipe By Dan Kohler, 10/27/19