Yields 4-5 pizzas (250 grams each)
*For accurate results, I suggest using grams because they are much more precise than cups and ounces.
1) In a bowl, add the flour and water and combine until the mixture comes together. Let rest for 30 minutes. (This process is called autolysis)
2) Dissolve the yeast in a little warm water and add to flour and water mixture. Knead until all the yeast is absorbed.
3) Once the yeast is fully absorbed, add the salt and continue mixing. The process of kneading should last 10-15 minutes to start developing some gluten.
4) Let the dough rest for at least an hour before dividing and rounding.
5) After 1 hour, start dividing the dough in ball shapes of 250 grams. Place each ball of dough on a tray or in a plastic container and let proof at room temperature for 5-6 hours. The balls of dough should be double their size.
Assembling The Pizza:
1. Stretch your dough until 9-10 inch. (See dough recipe below; can also use prepared dough from the store.)
2. Top with the marinated tomatoes.
3. Bake for 5-6 minutes at 500 degrees in your regular oven.
4. Slice the pizza.
5. Top with torn pieces of mozzarella di bufala (you’ll get 6-8 pieces from one ball).
6. Add 2 tablespoons of the buffalo cream, and sprinkle with thyme. Season with pinch of salt, pepper, finish with olive oil.