Ingredients for Crepes (Not filling)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter butter or coconut oil to butter pan
Ingredients for Filling
- 3 Eggs (separate egg whites to make it healthier) Butter for pan to cook
Directions for Crepes (Not filling)
1) Put blended eggs, milk, water, flour and butter in fridge for at least an hour
2) Then I just eyeball how much to put in the pan to cook. I think it's supposed to be 1oz.
3) Cook it. Pour batter into pan. Use crepe tool or spoon to spread it out around pan. Maybe 40 seconds on one side at a medium heat and then 10-20 seconds on the other side. When I am talking abut this I can tell people to play with the times and temperature to find what works for them and their stove. I use another crepe tool to flip it, but you can use a knife too.
4) You can cook all the batter to make the crepes if you want. When removing from heat place them flat to cool down.
5) Lay crepes flat to cool
6) I usually make one crepe and eat it plain. Then make another for my filing and save the rest of the batter for the next day. When I make the second one, I don't remove it from the heat.
Directions for Filling
1) Cook eggs separately. I usually do this in the microwave while my crepe is cooking to save time.
2) Cook eggs separately or in the microwave
3) But since we are cooking they eggs in a pan we can try doing it at the same time as the crepe OR do it before making the crepe. I will say I usually do it in the microwave. I actually like how it taste better in the microwave. I'm weird ;)
4) Add cooked eggs to the crepe (Crepe is still on the pan on low-mediums heat).
5) Spread pesto on one side of crepe
6) Cut and spread avocado over egg. Add a handful of uncooked spinach and fold crepe in half.
7) The heat of the crepe will cook the spinach in about a minute on the stove.
8) I like the spinach to still have a little crunch to it for texture, but if you wan tit cooked all the way through you and always add it to your eggs when cooking the eggs.
9) Add cheese (any kind really) if you want to add more the crepe. But keep it super healthy without the cheese.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page