Reality star Ali Fedotowsky is making traditional crepes with avocado, pesto and spinach.
For Crepes (Not filling)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter butter or coconut oil to butter pan
- 3 Eggs (separate egg whites to make it healthier) Butter for pan to cook
For Crepes (Not filling):
- Put blended eggs, milk, water, flour and butter in fridge for at least an hour
- Then I just eyeball how much to put in the pan to cook. I think it's supposed to be 1oz.
- Cook it. Pour batter into pan. Use crepe tool or spoon to spread it out around pan. Maybe 40 seconds on one side at a medium heat and then 10-20 seconds on the other side. When I am talking abut this I can tell people to play with the times and temperature to find what works for them and their stove. I use another crepe tool to flip it, but you can use a knife too.
- You can cook all the batter to make the crepes if you want. When removing from heat place them flat to cool down.
- Lay crepes flat to cool
- I usually make one crepe and eat it plain. Then make another for my filing and save the rest of the batter for the next day. When I make the second one, I don't remove it from the heat.
- Cook eggs separately. I usually do this in the microwave while my crepe is cooking to save time.
- Cook eggs separately or in the microwave
- But since we are cooking they eggs in a pan we can try doing it at the same time as the crepe OR do it before making the crepe. I will say I usually do it in the microwave. I actually like how it taste better in the microwave. I'm weird ;)
- Add cooked eggs to the crepe (Crepe is still on the pan on low-mediums heat).
- Spread pesto on one side of crepe
- Cut and spread avocado over egg. Add a handful of uncooked spinach and fold crepe in half.
- The heat of the crepe will cook the spinach in about a minute on the stove.
- I like the spinach to still have a little crunch to it for texture, but if you wan tit cooked all the way through you and always add it to your eggs when cooking the eggs.
- Add cheese (any kind really) if you want to add more the crepe. But keep it super healthy without the cheese.