Celebrate National Pecan Sandies Day with Stuart O’Keeffe's four ingredient cookie recipe.
2 Dozen Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 tightly cup packed light brown sugar (be sure it’s fresh)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped, plus extra for topping
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a stand mixer, mix butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy using the paddle attachment. This will take 4-5 minutes. Scrape down the bowl as necessary. Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Dust some flour on a work surface and knead dough by hand for 2 minutes. It will become soft. Add more flour if necessary 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Flatten out the dough and sprinkle with the pecans. Fold over a couple of time to incorporate the nuts into the dough. Split the dough and roll into two logs about 1 ½ - 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in some parchment paper and then wrap in some foil. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until you are ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 325of. Unwrap the dough and cut into ½ inch slices. Press extra pecans lightly into the tops. Place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place cookies on tray about 1-2 inches apart and bake for 12-13 minutes. Let cookies cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!