- 1 Tbl Grape Oil
- 1 lb Ground Hot Italian Sausage
- 3 ea Spring Onion, cleaned and finely diced
- 6 cloves Spring Garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 ea Carrot, finely diced
- ¼ cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 bunch Broccolini, rough chopped
- 1 cup White Wine
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1Tbl Butter
- ¼ cup Toasted Panko
- 1 Lemon
- 1 piece Parmesan
- 1 pinch red pepper flake
- 1/2lb Strozzapreti Pasta
1. In a large sauce pot add the oil and heat on medium.
2. Once the pan is hot, add the sausage and sauté until it is cooked thru and crumbled.
3. Next remove most of the fat and add the onion, garlic, carrots and walnuts. Sauté until translucent and al dente.
4. Add the white wine and reduce by half then add the chicken stock and slowly simmer until reduced by a quarter.
5. After that add the butter and broccolini simmer for 2 mins and remove from the heat.
6. In the meantime, cook the strozzapreti in a large pot of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes or until al dente.
7. Once cooked add the pasta to the sausage sauce.
8. Finish by topping with the toasted panko, a small amount of lemon zest, grated parmesan cheese and a pinch of red pepper flakes and serve.