Cupcake pro Elise Strachan shares an easy and delicious dessert recipe!
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwiches
Prep time: 15 minutes, Freeze time: 6-8 hours
- 12 white / golden Oreo cookies
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 16oz punnet fresh strawberries, thickly sliced
Make 12 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Freeze time: 6-8 hours
- Combine condensed milk, vanilla and whipping cream in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Pour half the ice cream mixture into the base of a 9”x 9" brownie tin & level with a spatula, tapping the tin on the bench to smooth.
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries keeping them close together with as few gaps as possible.
- Gently pour over the remaining ice cream being careful not to disturb the strawberry layer and use a spatula to smooth.
- Freeze 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Divide and remove cream from 12 Oreo Cookies.
- Take a 1.3/4" cookie cutter (the same size as your Oreo cookie) and cut 12 cores from the vanilla strawberry ice cream slab (note: try to make sure each core has a definite ‘layer’ of strawberry visible in between the two layers of ice cream)
- Place each ice cream core between 2 halves of an Oreo cookie to create your ice cream sandwich.
- Store in freezer until ready to serve.