- 12 white / golden Oreo cookies
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 16oz punnet fresh strawberries, thickly sliced
Make 12 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Freeze time: 6-8 hours
1. Combine condensed milk, vanilla and whipping cream in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
2. Pour half the ice cream mixture into the base of a 9”x 9" brownie tin & level with a spatula, tapping the tin on the bench to smooth.
3. Add a layer of sliced strawberries keeping them close together with as few gaps as possible.
Gently pour over the remaining ice cream being careful not to disturb the strawberry layer and use a spatula to smooth.
4. Freeze 6-8 hours or overnight.
5. Divide and remove cream from 12 Oreo Cookies.
6. Take a 1.3/4" cookie cutter (the same size as your Oreo cookie) and cut 12 cores from the vanilla strawberry ice cream slab (note: try to make sure each core has a definite ‘layer’ of strawberry visible in between the two layers of ice cream)
7. Place each ice cream core between 2 halves of an Oreo cookie to create your ice cream sandwich.
8. Store in freezer until ready to serve.