Ingredients for Biscuits
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, grated on a box grater just like cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk, plus more for brushing
Ingredients for Bourbon Strawberries
- 6 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 pinch flaky sea salt
- fresh mint, for serving
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add the butter and toss with the flour. Add the buttermilk and honey, and mix until just combined, adding more buttermilk if needed.
3. Roll the dough out into a 1 inch rectangle and cut into 9-12 biscuits. Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet. Brush each with buttermilk. Transfer to the oven and bake until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool slightly before filling
4. Meanwhile, toss together the strawberries, honey, and bourbon in a medium bowl. Let sit 15-30 minutes.
5. To make the cream. Whip the mascarpone and cream together until stiff peaks form. Fold in the honey.
6. To assemble, slice each biscuit in half. Add a dollop of cream and spoon the strawberries overtop. Add mint and finish by adding the top of the biscuit. Enjoy!