Ingredients for the Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake
- 4 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 5 cups boiling water
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for the Butterscotch Sauce
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) of unsalted butter
- 2.5 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1.5 cups light corn syrup
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 2.5 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING CAKE
*NOTE: You can use ½ cup portions of batter in ramekins or bake in a 2-quart ceramic baking dish.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour , salt and baking powder in a bowl with a whisk . Set aside.
3. Chop the dates fine in Robot Coupe. Place in a small bowl and add the boiling water and baking soda; set aside.
4. In kitchen aid beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla; beat until blended.
5. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Add the date mixture to the batter and fold until blended with a rubber spatula. Pour into the prepared baking dishes.
6. Bake until pudding is set and firm on top, about 20 minutes.
FOR THE BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE
1. Put all of the ingredients into a heavy-duty saucepan.
2. Cook over a medium high heat. Whisk constantly until it comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
3. Place in a heat resistant container and cool to room temperature. Whisk occasionally so the butter does not separate from the mixture.