Ingredients for Steak
- Zabuton Meat
- Maldon Salt
- Cracked Black Peppercorn
Ingredients for for Borderlaise Sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 large shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 ea fresh bay leaf
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups veal stock
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Directions for Steak
1. Temper Meat
2. Season aggressively with salt and pepper
3. Sear on high heat all sides
4. Roast in oven for about 6 -8 minutes
5. Until internal temperature is 125
6. Let rest for 5 minutes
7. Slice against grain
8. Brush with butter and finish with maldon salt and crack black peppercorn
Directions for Bordelaise Sauce
1. Sweat shallot in butter on low heat (add pinch of salt to help break down shallots) until translucent. (10-12 minutes) add thyme and bay leaf.
2. Cover with red wine and reduce until shallots are a jam like consistency.
3. Cover in veal stock and reduce by half (skimming any impurities as needed).
4. Strain thru a fine mesh sieve.
5. Season with salt and pepper and a touch of red wine vinegar.