Ingredients for Rolls
- 1 lb trimmed sirloin beef about 1 inch thick strips
- Scallion (finely cut) 1 tbsp
- Lemongrass (minced) 1 tbsp
- Peanut (crushed) 1 tbsp (Optional)
- Fish sauce 2 tsp
- light brown sugar 2 tsp
- fresh cilantro leaves 1/8 teaspoon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 ounces rice noodles
- 8 to 10 dried rice paper wrapper or spring roll skins
- 1 head red leaf lettuce leaves 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into thin strips 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Ingredients for Dipping Sauce
- 4 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of sambal chili paste
- Garlic 2 cloves chopped
- 3 tbsp of hot water
- Mix sugar with boil water, then add in fish sauce, then lime juice, and garlic and chili Then adjust to taste.
Directions for Rolls
Make a marination for beef
1. Combine lemongrass, green onion, fish sauce, sugar, vegetable oil, pinch of black pepper, Peanut optional until all ingredients are incorporated then add in Beef and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour
2. Start a pot of boiling water and cook rice noodles according to instructions on the package, once noodle is cooked, remove noodles and place in a colander. Drain and rinse continuously with cold water for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside and allow the noodles to dry.
3. Remove beef and marinate, keep dry (could pat meat dry with paper towel). Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over high heat. Sear beef about 45 seconds on each side. Transfer to a clean bowl and let it rest a few minutes.
4. Fill large bowl with warm water, slide 1 rice paper wrapper into water for several seconds, place of a clean cutting board. Place a lettuce leaf at the base of the circle. Top with a pinch of rice noodle. Mango strips, cucumbers strips, carrot strips, and 2 strips of beef.
5. Carefully wrap roll from the bottom up, keeping the roll as tight as possible, after one turn, place cilantro leaves and mint leaves on the wrapper and complete with wrap.