- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose heat-treated flour
- Blue, purple, and pink food coloring
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and salt until a frosting-like consistency is reached.
2. Add applesauce, vanilla, and nutmeg and mix until combined.
3. Mix in heat-treated flour until just combined
4. Spread dough onto a quarter sheet (or brownie pan is better to make it thicker)
5. Add food coloring and swirl until desired color.
6. Top with sprinkles (and white chocolate chips too if you want!)
7. Then allow the cookie dough to set up in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
8. This makes it easier to scoop!