Ingredients for Beef Tacos
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt, divided
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced and rinsed in very warm water
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 lb organic lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup grater Monterey Jack cheese
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed according to package directions
Ingredients for Couscous-Stuffed Peppers
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb reserved spicy ground beef mix
- ¼ cup beef stock or water
- 4 red peppers
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
Instructions for the Tacos
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the oil and ½ tsp of the salt. Spread potato pieces in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until fork-tender. Transfer potatoes to a bowl, set aside.
3. In a small bowl, dissolved the sugar and pinch of salt in the vinegar and then add the
onions, set aside.
4. In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon,
until browned, about 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in another bowl, blend the chili powder, cumin cinnamon, oregano and pepper.
6. Stir the garlic, spice blend and remaining 1 tsp salt int o the beef, cook for another 2
mintues. Transfer half the beef to a serving dish. Put the other half in an airtight container
and store in the refrigerator to use for another dinner.
7. Place the beef, sweet potatoes, onions, cheese, cilantro, salsa and tortillas on the table for
Instructions for Stuffed Peppers
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
2. Cook couscous according to package directions. Pour cooked couscous in a bowl and stir in
the olive oil.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, stir together beef mix and beef stock. Reheat gently. Remove
from the heat and stir in the couscous.
4. Cut peppers in half lengthwise, then cut around stems and chop the pepper tops (You
should have about ¼ cup chopped pepper). Add chopped pepper, green onions and feta to
the couscous and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Seed the pepper halves, then fill each half with couscous mixture. Place in the baking dish.
Cover and bake until peppers are tender, 40-45 minutes
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page