1) Heat your oven to 350 degrees. While it’s heating, slide the walnuts into the oven on a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Allow them to toast while you prepare the coating.
2) In a large bowl, whisk the orange zest, spices, sugar, and egg white until just bubbly and frothy. It needn’t be whipped, nor beaten too hard.
3) Remove the walnuts from the oven, dump them into the waiting liquid, and stir to combine.
4) Reduce the oven heat to 225. Spread the coated nuts back onto your baking sheet/roasting pan and slide them into the oven. Bake them for at least an hour, stirring every 15 minutes, until they’re toasted and the coating is mostly dry.
5) Remove the tray from the oven. The nuts will be a bit sticky as long as they’re warm, which is the perfect opportunity to stir in the currants. Once mixed, allow them to cool and harden completely.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page