Lacey Chabert serves up the perfect winter drink, hot chocolate bombs and spiced hot chocolate.
SPICED HOT CHOCOLATE INGREDIENTS:
- 4 ounces Dark Chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- Pinch Ground Clove
- Pinch Ground Anise
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar (optional)
MELTING CHOCOLATE SPHERES:
- 8 ounces Dark Chocolate
- Silicone Shell tray
- Chocolate Crunch pearls
- Mini mini marshmallows
- Gold Dust
SPICED HOT CHOCOLATE INSTRUCTIONS:
Yield: Serves 4
- In a saucepan, mix the chocolate, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cardamom, clove, anise, and 2 cups of the milk over low heat. Stir until completely melted.
- Add the rest of the milk and salt. Stir until everything is hot.
- Add sugar to taste, one tablespoon at a time.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Pour into cups and serve.
MELTING CHOCO SPHERES INSTRUCTIONS:
Yield: 32 Spheres
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Coat inside of silicone mould with lightly oiled paper towel.
- Pour ½ tablespoon melted chocolate into each shell, then tilt sheet of shells to coat entire indentation. Pour out any excess chocolate.
- Put sheets in freezer for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Fill each half shell with crunch pearls and mini mini marshmallows
- Take an empty half-shell and glue it to a full half-shell with extra melted chocolate
- Set completed shells in freezer.
- Dust completed shells with gold powder.
- Put one shell in the bottom of a glass cup, pour hot chocolate on top, watch it melt.