Founder of "Weelicious" Catherine McCord serves up a lively dish perfect for fall weather.
Spiced Chicken with Lemon & Olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 lemons, 1 cut into 8 wedges quartered and deseeded and one juiced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 15 ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 10 ounce jar Castelvetrano Olives, pitted and reserving all the juice
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, add onion, sprinkle with salt and sauté until golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the juice of one lemon and next 5 ingredients; stir 1 minute. Add broth and reserved olive juice and bring to boil.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt add to skillet. Add the remaining 8 lemon wedges and olives. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 25-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally. Transfer chicken to a platter and serve.