Ingredients for Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ Onion, diced
- ½ Tsp kosher salt
- 1 Clove Garlic, chopped
- ½ Tsp Italian herbs
- 1 15 Oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sugar, Honey or Agave Nectar
Ingrededients for Spaghetti Pie
- 8 oz Spaghetti, cooked (about 1/2 a package)
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey (you could also use ground beef or chicken)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Cups weelicious tomato sauce (Recipe above)
- 1 Cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Italian herbs
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
Directions for Sauce:
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté the onions and salt for 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and Italian herbs and continue to cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the tomatoes and agave and cook for 5-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Directions for Spaghetti
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the cooked spaghetti in a bowl and coat with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
3. Combine the eggs and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Add mixture to the spaghetti and mix.
4. Place the spaghetti mixture into a greased deep-dish pie plate and spread to make a “pie crust”.
5. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook the ground turkey, salt, garlic and onion powder for 5 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
6. Pour the marinara sauce over the meat and stir to combine.
7. In a bowl stir the Ricotta cheese, the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs to combine.
8. Spread the Ricotta/Parmesan cheese mixture over the pasta, then layer the marinara mixture and finally, top with 1 cup of mozzarella.
9. Place dish on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes.
10. Cool, cut into wedges and serve.