Directions for Pie Crust
1) In a food processor, combine flour, salt, and sugar. Pulse to combine. Add shortening and butter and pulse 6 times until mixture resembles coarse meal (if necessary, add up to 1/4 cup of water, 1 tablespoon at a time). To ensure a flaky crust, do not over-process.
2) Transfer half of the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap. Shape dough into a 3/4 inch thick and wrap tightly in plastic.
3) Refrigerate for at least an hour and up to 2 days before rolling out. Repeat with remaining dough. Makes 2 disks.
4) Using a pairing knife, trim dough to a 1-inch overhang and fold under to form a rim. Crimp edges with fingertips and transfer pie shells to refrigerator to chill.
Directions for Pie Filling
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place butter in a medium saucepan over low heat until it is golden brown. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together corn syrups. Add eggs, honey, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt (in that order).
2) Incorporate butter and mix well. Scatter pecans evenly over bottom of crust, then pour in mixture.
3) Bake for 10 minutes, then lower temperature to 325 degrees and bake for approximately 40 more minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is set.
4) Remove from oven and let pie cool completely, 5 to 6 hours. Serve with whipped cream. Enjoy!Download the Home & Family Holiday Cookbook Here
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page