- 1 ½ cups Toasted Walnuts (5 oz.)
- 1 cup Butter, cold, cubed
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar (3 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon Mahlab, ground
- ⅛ tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups AP Flour
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar, for coating the cookies
1. Heat oven to 350˚.
2. Combine toasted nuts, powdered sugar, flour, cold butter, mahlab, cloves, vanilla, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until a stiff dough forms.
3. Roll or scoop dough into 1-inch balls (~½ ounce per cookie). Toss dough balls in powdered sugar until coated.
4. Set coated cookies on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until puffed and firm, about 17-19 minutes.
5. While the cookies are still warm, sift extra powdered sugar on top.
6. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 10 days.