- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- graham crackers
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2) Using non-stick spray, grease seven 7 “cups” of a muffin pan. (For larger lava cakes, use a jumbo muffin pan and grease 4 “cups.”)
3) Melt the chocolate chips with the butter in the microwave for 1 minutes, or until the butter is melted (only the butter needs be melted at this point). Stir with a whisk until the warm butter has melted the chocolate chips.
4) Stir in sugar and vanilla until well blended.
5) Whisk in eggs and egg yolks
6) Stir in flour and mix well.
7) Divide batter into the greased muffin pan.
8) Bake the cakes for about 7-8 minutes or until the sides are firm. Do not over-bake them or the center of the cakes will be dry. (If using a jumbo muffin pan, bake 11-12 minutes.)
9) Carefully run a small knife around the cakes to loosen.
10) Cover the muffins pan with a baking sheet, then, holding tightly together the edges of the muffin pan and the baking sheet, flip the cakes over onto the sheet
11) Immediately place marshmallows on top of each lava cake and toast the marshmallows using a kitchen torch. (Or place the pan with the lava cakes under a broiler (normal setting; not high) until toasted. Keep an eye on them since they burn fast!)
12) Gently, with a large, flat spatula, transfer the cakes onto little plates.
13) Garnish with graham crackers and serve immediately.
Check out more delicious reipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page