- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups marshmallow fluff
- 1 ½ cup chocolate ganache (RECIPE BELOW)
- 70 to 80 graham cracker halves (snapped horizontally across)
- A butane torch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Gray sea salt for garnish
S'more Ice Box Cake:
Servings: Makes the equivalent to a 9” layer cake; serves 10-12 people
Note: I built mine on a 10 inch cake platter
1. In a medium bowl, add sugar, vanilla and heavy cream. Beat with electric mixture on medium speed until stiff peaks are formed. Meanwhile, remove the lid and heat the marshmallow fluff in the microwave for 10 seconds (any longer and it will puff everywhere).
2. On a large plate or serving platter, spread 1 tablespoon of whipped cream on the bottom to anchor cake to plate. Top with graham crackers in a circular pattern, about 9 to 10 inches wide.
3. Using a spatula, cover crackers evenly with whipped cream, top with a layer of chocolate ganache, then top with crackers. Top the next layer with marshmallow fluff. Quickly torch the layer of marshmallow with a butane torch. Repeat until you have 7 layers of crackers, ending with marshmallow fluff. Refrigerate overnight (this is necessary! It lets the graham crackers need time to soften).
1. Bring cream to a boil in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium heat.
2. Put chocolate into a medium bowl and pour in hot cream; let sit for 1 minute, then stir slowly with a rubber spatula until smooth.
3. Cool completely.