Chef Wayne Elias is back in the Home & Family kitchen preparing a delicious duck dish with homemade stuffing.
- 1 Frozen Whole Duck 5 pounds
- 1 box of cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 cup dried figs sliced
- ½ cup of golden raisins
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- ½ cup of diced white onions
- ½ cup diced celery
- 5 cups of chicken broth-light sodium
- 1 cups of balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of honey
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 8 whole figs
- 2 tablespoons of fine diced shallots
Ingredients for Her Rub Blend
- 1 tsp Juniper berries
- 4-5 Bay leaves
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp White pepper
Prep the Duck
- Buy your duck 2 days before you are cooking so it defrosts in the fridge
- Wash the duck and dry it
- Rub the dry herb blend inside and all over the
Make the Stuffing
- Stuff the duck with the stuffing and any leftover place in a separate pan to be baked
- Tie the legs of the duck and place in a roasting pan with some cut celery, onions underneath
- Place in oven for 1 hour and then lower the temp to 300 for about 45-1 hour more
- 30 minutes per pound for cooking suggested.
- Internal temp needs to be at least 160
- After cooked take out and let rest for about 7-10 minutes
Fig Balsamic Sauce
While the duck is in the oven soak the whole figs in 1 cups of balsamic vinegar. After the duck is cooked drain the figs out of the vinegar.
Sauté 1 tablespoon of butter with the diced shallots and after they are translucent add the figs, 1 cup of balsamic vinegar and bring to boil and add honey. Reduce for about 5 minutes and add 2 tbslp. of butter and whisk to emulsify and ready to serve.
Place Duck on a Platter and place figs around the edge and sauce on top of the figs.
Download the Home & Family Holiday Cookbook HereGet more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recpes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page