1) Preheat the slow cooker to Low.
2) Heat the canola oil in a large skillet. Add the bacon and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is lightly browned. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towel.
3) Dry the beef cubes with paper towels and then sprinkle them with salt. Sear the beef in one layer in the hot oil (3 to 5 minutes) till brown on all sides. Remove the seared beef to the slow cooker and continue searing until all the beef is browned. Add the beef stock to the slow cooker and cover.
4) Add the carrots, and onions, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper to the fat in the pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the tomato paste and flour, cook until lightly toasted. Add the Brandy, scrape the browned bits off of the pan and cook until the alcohol has burned off.
5) Add the browned vegetables, tomatoes, bottle of wine, thyme and bay leaf to the slow cooker. Cover with a parchment paper lid and the slow cooker lid, Cook on low for about 6 hours or until the meat and vegetables are very tender.
6) Brown the onions and sauté the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of butter for 10 minutes until lightly browned, set aside. Remove the meat to the bowl with the onions and mushrooms adding a bit of cooking liquid and cover with foil. Strain the rest of the cooking liquid into a sauce pan, reduce until it coats the back of a spoon (3-5 min)
7) Meanwhile cook the egg noodles to package instructions, drain, add butter and parsley. Season the sauce to taste.
8) To serve, warm shallow bowls and add the egg noodles, sauce, meat, mushrooms & onions, and finally the reserved bacon.