Chef Nick Stellino is making a summertime dish perfect for your next party.
PIKKIO PAKKIO SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano or 2 teaspoons of dry
- 2 tablespoons minced white onions
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup browned pancetta, cut into 1/4″ dice or chopped browned bacon
- 2 cups canned Italian peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped (retain drained juice; see below)
- 1 cup canned tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon C&H Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp
- 1 pound cooked ravioli or tortellini with your favorite filling at room temperature; stir in 2 tablespoons of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil or parsley.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Shrimp Tortellini Summer Pasta - Home & Family
- Add all the ingredients for the Pikkio Pakkio sauce to a large salad bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Add the shrimp, tortellini, and remaining Conzato ingredients to the sauce. Mix well to incorporate all of the flavors and you’re ready to serve!
- Serve with extra grated cheese on the side in individual portions or my favorite way: family style in a large Italian ceramic bowl.
Chef’s Tips: If possible, let the Conzato rest for an hour before serving. This allows the flavors to further develop.