Ingredients for Shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped Canadian bacon
- 1 cup red & green bell peppers (strips, julienned)
- 1 10 oz can (drained) tomatoes w/ green chiles (Rotel)
- 2 lbs med or large shrimp (26 to 30)
- 1/2 cup green onions (thinly sliced)
Ingredients for Cheesy Grits
- 1 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 16 oz can chicken broth
- 1 cup quick cooking grits
- 1 cup sharp cheddar (grated)
Directions for Shrimp
Cook bacon for 3 min (constant stir). Add peppers, cook for 10 min. Add tomatoes, cook 5 min. add shrimp, cook 3-5 min. Add green onions last and keep warm. Salt & Pepper as needed.
Directions for Cheesy Grits
Bring milk & broth to a boil, add grits and cook 5-7 min till creamy and soft (not gritty) add cheese, salt if needed.
Pour the shrimp over a bowl of cheese grits and enjoy!