- A few pinches of kosher salt plus additional for sprinkling
- A few pinches of flour
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper plus additional for sprinkling
- 6 pounds short ribs, bone in
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 quart chicken stock, homemade or store bought organic chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh tyme, plus additional for garnish (optional)
- 1 (9-12 ounce) box quick-cooking polenta
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives (optional)
1) Salt and pepper ribs all over.
2) Heat a Dutch oven or ovenproof skillet with a lid. Add the canola oil and heat until the oil is hot. Add the ribs and brown on all sides. Place in slow cooker. Add the red wine, chicken stock, bay leaf and thyme. Cover and bake for 8 hours.
3) Make the polenta according to package directions.
4) Serve the ribs over the polenta in individual bowls. Spoon pan juices over the top and garnish with parsley, lemon zest, thyme and chives (if using), a pinch of kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page