1. Mix 1/3 cup of white and 1/3 cup brown mustard seeds into a container
2. Add 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3. Add 1/2 cup of cold water (cold water releases more spice)
4. Mix in 1(or two) tablespoons of light brown sugar (or honey)
5. Add 1-1/4 teaspoon of salt
6. Stir, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit overnight to 3 days
7. After soaking, blend the seeds in a food processor or blender.
8. Pulse for best results.
9. Put in jars. The flavor will start to become spicier.
(Taste every few minutes, and when "spicy enough" refrigerate so that the flavor doesn't degrade.)
10. Keep in fridge for 6 months, THAT'S ALL!
*You can swap out any of the liquids in this recipe for white vinegar, white wine, balsamic, add herbs and spices, anything you want. Make a unique flavor!
Get more from Shirley at EdenMakers.com