Ingredients for Sheet-Pan Chicken
- 2 ½ lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, patted dry
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 medium to large shallots, peeled and quartered root to stem
- 3-4 rosemary sprigs
- 1 lemon in thinly sliced rounds
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Flaky salt (like Maldon Salt), for serving
Ingredients for Cabbage and Carrot Salad
- 1 large head green or red cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 cups coarsely shredded carrots
- 1 recipe Latholemono
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for Dressing
- 4 to 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 to 3 lemons), depending on how tangy you like it.
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Directions for Chicken
1. Heat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, and rosemary sprigs.
2. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. Place the shallots, cherry tomatoes, and lemon slices on sheet pan and gently toss with the remaining olive oil and season well with salt.
4. Add the seasoned chicken skin side up in between the shallots and cherry tomatoes. Roast for 30-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the shallots, lemon slices, and cherry tomatoes are caramelized.
Directions for Salad
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the cabbage and carrots. Spoon on the Latholemono, a little bit at a time, until the salad is dressed lightly to your taste. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately
2. To make a few hours ahead, toss together the carrots and cabbage and keep the mixture in the refrigerator. Just before serving, add the Latholemono and season with salt and pepper.
Directions for Dressing
1. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic (if using). Then very slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly to emulsify. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.