1. In a medium sized heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat melt butter and gently sweat the vegetables until translucent.
2. Add flour and stir to combine well. Reduce heat to low and cook flour for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients excluding only the crabmeat and roe.
4. Continue to cook on low heat for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally noting that the soup will thicken as the cold liquids come up to temperature.
5. DO NOT let the soup come to a boil, cook only until the soup thickens. After 30 minutes, add the crab roe, crab meat and adjust seasonings.