- 1 pound of short cut pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- About 2 cups of portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz of pancetta, diced (I buy mine from the deli counter)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- Grated pecorino cheese (I ended up using about a cup and you can sub grated parmesan instead)
This recipe serves four to six.
1. Bring a large pot of water up to a boil. Once boiling, drop your pasta and cook to al dente.
2. Meanwhile, in a second large pot or skillet over medium-high heat, saute your onion in a drizzle of evoo. Once it’s tender, add in your chopped garlic along with your mushrooms and pancetta. Saute until the mushrooms have browned and the pancetta crisp (just a few minutes). Once your mushrooms have browned, add in a pinch of both salt and pepper. Next, stir in your chicken stock and de-glaze the pan (scrape the little bits up off the bottom with your wooden spoon). Lower the heat to low and let everything simmer while stirring in your frozen peas. It will only take the peas a minute or two to cook up in the hot pan.
3. Drain off your pasta and reserve about ½ cup of your hot cooking water. Add the water and cooked pasta straight to your pancetta mixture. Stir in your pecorino cheese and toss everything together.
4. You’re ready to serve!!
5. Because everything cooks up so quickly, this comes together in no time flat!! Enjoy!
COPYRIGHT © 2020 MIX & MATCH MAMA