- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 oz. Butter - chilled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese - chilled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Walnuts - Chopped
- 8 cups Assorted Stone Fruit - sliced 1/2 in thick (about 3 /12 pounds of whole fruit)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Tbl Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 1 Tbl Orange Juice
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt - Diamond Brand
Instructions for the Topping:
1. In a food processor pulse flour, sugar, butter and cream cheese until just combined.
2. Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in the oats and walnuts with your hands until combined and large crumbles of topping are formed.
3. Place in refrigerator while preparing the fruit so topping can firm up a bit.
Instructions for the Crisp:
1. Remove pits from stone fruit and slice into ½ inch pieces and place in mixing bowl
2. Toss with remaining ingredients and layer in 2 to 3-quart baking dish
3. Place crumble topping over fruit mixture covering completely
4. Place baking dish on sheet pan and place in pre-heated 350-degree oven for 60-75 minutes until crisp is bubbly in areas and topping is golden brown
5. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for 30-40 minutes and allow sauce to continue to thicken
6. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream