Recipe Courtesy Chef Govind Armstrong – TheLobster.com
FOR MEYER LEMON:
1. Cut the ends off the lemon and use a vegetable peeler to carefully peel the zest from end to end.
2. With a paring knife remove any remaining white pith.
3. Thinly slice the zest horizontally and place the zest in a small pot with the extra virgin oil and steep on low for 30 minutes until softened.
4. Set aside and allow to cool.
FOR MEYER LEMON CAPER RELISH:
1. Place all items in a mixing bowl, stir in poached zest and seasoned EVOO.
2. Add a few turns of a pepper mill.
3. Store in the refrigerator.
FOR SALMON AND POTATO:
1. Begin by cooking the salmon.
2. Season fish with salt and pepper, warm 1 ½ T oil to medium high heat and place fish flesh side down and cook for 1 minute. Gently turn salmon skin side down and cook for an additional 3 minutes. While the salmon is cooking you can start the hash.
3. Over a medium high heat add 1 ½ T. of the remaining oil to a large saute pan. Add potatoes, artichoke hearts and pan fry until golden about 2 minutes and lightly season with salt and pepper. Deglaze the pan with the stock reduce by half and swirl in 1 T. of butter. Adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper & lemon juice, then stir in scallion.
4. For the last minute of cook time for the salmon add butter, thyme sprig & garlic. Baste the salmon for 1 minute, reduce heat if your pan appears to be too hot. Turn range off and gently flip salmon to flesh side and begin to plate.
5. Season green beans with salt & pepper, and place at 9 o’clock on your plate. Spoon hash in the center, straddle salmon, skin side up on beans and hash. Drizzle the plate with lemon relish and serve up the smiles!