- 1-cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons fine semolina or ground rice
- Pinch of salt
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter
- (8 inch round shallow cake tin)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Shift flour, semolina and salt into a mixing bowl.
3. Stir in the superfine sugar.
4. Crumble the butter into the bowl and rub into the dry mixture with your fingertips to make fine crumbs.
5. Knead the mixture together with your hands until you have a smooth, dough like
6. Place in the middle of the cake tin.
7. Using your hands, press the mixture out to fill the tin in an even layer.
8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the shortbread is slightly colored.
9. Remove from the oven and leave to stand in the tin for 10 minutes until the shortbread has firmed up a little but is still warm.
10. Cut into wedges, sprinkle with superfine sugar and leave to cool and harden in the tin.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page