Ingredients for Sautéed Salmon
- 4 each 4 oz Pieces of Skin-on Salmon filets
- 1 TB of vegetable oil
- 4 each Oyster Mushrooms, cut into 1/4's (16 pieces)
- 1 Tsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 ⅓ cup Warmed Coconut Lemongrass sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 cup Pickled Julienne Carrots (see recipe below)
- 16 leaves Thai Basil
- 16 leaves Cilantro
- ½ teaspoon Lime leaf oil
- 4 Tsp Lime Leaf oil (see recipe below)
- 4 tsp Chopped roasted peanuts
Ingredients for the Coconut Lemongrass Sauce
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 6 TB Minced Lemongrass
- 2 TB grated ginger
- 4 TB minced shallot
- Salt to taste
- 3 TB Palm sugar or Brown sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
Ingredients for the Pickled Carrots
- ½ Cup Rice wine vinegar
- ½ C Water
- ¼ C Sugar
- 2 each Thai Chili
- 3 TB Fish sauce
- 1 each Star anise
- 2 large carrots cut into julienne strips
- 2 TB Cilantro chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Lime Leaf Oil
- 4 oz grapeseed oil
- ½ cup picked Parsley leaves, packed tightly
- 2 each Thai lime leaves
1. Season the salmon portions with salt and pepper liberally.
2. In a medium heat non-stick sauté pan, add the vegetable oil and place the seasoned salmon portions skin side down in the pan.
3. Cook the salmon until it starts to turn light pink to white on the sides halfway up.
4. Flip the salmon over to the flesh side, and continue to cook to medium.
5. Let rest for 2 minutes before plating.
6. While the salmon is cooking, sauté the quartered mushrooms over medium-high heat with 1 tsp vegetable oil.
7. Once the mushrooms have golden color on the edges, season with salt and pepper, reserve warm until ready to plate.
8. While salmon is resting, take the Thai basil and cilantro and toss it with ½ tsp lime leaf oil, and season with salt and pepper, reserve cold until ready to plate.
9. To Plate, place the warm coconut sauce in the middle of four wide and shallow bowls, ⅓ cup each.
10. Next take the cup of pickled carrots and divide it among the four bowls.
11. Set the warm mushrooms on the four plates around the carrot in a small circle.
12. Place the four rested salmon portions next to the carrots.
13. Arrange the seasoned Thai basil and cilantro over the carrots and salmon on each of the four plates.
14. On each plate Drizzle 1 tsp of lime oil in a circle around and over the salmon.
15. Garnish each plate with 1 tsp of chopped roasted peanuts.
COCONUT LEMONGRASS SAUCE:
1. In a small pot over medium heat, combine the vegetable oil, Lemongrass, ginger, and shallot.
2. Cook this mixture until it is cooked through but not browning whatsoever.
3. Next add the coconut milk and sugar.
4. Bring to a slow simmer and cook for 20 minutes to 1½ cups.
5. Remove from the heat and blend with an immersion blender until all the vegetables are blended.
6. Next pass this liquid through a fine sieve, and season with salt.
7. Reserve the liquid warm until ready to plate the dish.
To make the pickling liquid, in a small sauce pot combine the vinegar, water, sugar, chilies, fish sauce, and star anise and bring to a boil.
1. While the pickling liquid comes to a boil place the julienne carrots in a medium bowl
2. Once the liquid boils, pour the liquid through a fine sieve over the julienne carrots. Discard the star anise
3. Let the carrots come to room temperature
4. Strain the carrots from the liquid, reserving the liquid to use again if wanted
5. Add the chopped cilantro to the strained carrots
6. Season with salt and pepper and reserve at room temperature until you are ready to plate