- Carve/remove the layer of fat they leave across the back.
- Trim it leaving a little bit of fat.
Ingredients for Dry Rub
- 2 Tbsp Course Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1.5 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1.5 Tsp Brown Sugar
Ingredients for Italian Salsa
- 2-3 pints of heirloom, multi colored cherry tomatoes
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 c Italian parsley, chopped
- juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1/4 c rice vinegar
- 1/4 c balsamic reduction
- 1/3 c Olive Oil
- 1 t sugar
Habanero Beer Reduction
- 1 bottle Telegraph White Ale
- 1 regular Shallot - loosely chopped or stripped - the big chunks are tasty
- 2-3 Habanero Peppers depending on size - minced
- 3 Tbsp Honey - Orange Blossom goes perfect
- 1/2 Orange Squeezed
Directions for Dry Rub
1.Generously rub entire Tri-tip an hour before cooking - leave to rest at room temperature.
2. Grill on Med-High - about 3 seconds. (If you have a gas grill - some Mesquite wood chips for smoke can be good)
3. Grill 4 min then flip on the other side for another 4. Should be about 12-15 min total depending on thickness of steak.
4. Pull when thermometer reads 125 - even "just under" that is better vs. over. Let rest for 10 min. - these really continue to cook while resting.
5. Carve ACROSS the grain.
Directions for Dressing
Make dressing and toss with all other ingredients, season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10-15 minutes to marinate. If salsa has too much liquid, drain before serving.
Directions for Orange Zest
1. Sautée the onions and habaneros in butter until glassy
2. Pour in the full beer.
3. Squeeze in the Orange zest
4. Stir in the Honey.
5. Reduce at simmer for 20 min. just until the liquid is starting to thicken. ( You don't want it runny - but if you go too far it gets too "Hoppy")
Directions for Toast Points
Good Rustic Sourdough Bread thinly sliced into triangles. (Half the thickness of sandwich bread)
Fill a baking sheet with the slices
Drizzle with Olive Oil
Broil to light brown - pull -
Cut Garlic Cloves in half - use those to rub the crusts with garlic while hot. If no time - Garlic Powder is fast and fine
Back in Pan - cover with Parmesan - fully cover the bread
Sprinkle Paprika enough to dust every slice
Back in Broiler to melt/brown the Cheese
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page