"Top Chef" competitor and Type 1 diabetes advocate Sam Talbot makes a delicious cauliflower with baked capers.
- 2 cups bit-sized cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped kalamata olives
- ¼ cup finely chopped green olives
- ¼ cup finely chopped gherkins
- 8 oil-packed anchovy fillets- drained, smashed with the back of a knife, and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained and chopped capers
- ¼ up thinly sliced flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook for 30 seconds. Drain into a colander and run the florets under cold water for one minute to stop the cooking. Transfer the florets to a large bowl. Add the vinegar, olive oil, garlic oil, olives, gherkins, anchovies, capers, parsley, pepper flakes, and the chopped eggs. Toss the mixture gently and season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.