A quick and easy snack for your New Year's Eve guests.
- 1 Egg White, or 3 teaspoons Egg White powder + 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Dried Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- ¾ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1-pound Roasted, Unsalted Almonds
Yield: 1-pound Almonds
1. Preheat your oven to 250˚ degrees. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk egg white (or egg white powder + water) until frothy.
3. Add rosemary, red pepper flakes, salt, lemon zest, granulated garlic, and black pepper. Whisk to combine.
4. Add almonds, stir until evenly coated.
5. Pour almonds into sheet tray, smoothing them out into one layer.
6. Roast almonds for 40-50 minutes, until coating is dry.
7. Allow almonds to cool completely before eating, they will be soft while they’re still warm.
Recipe by Dan Kohler, 12/18/19