Directions for Rosemary Braised Chicken
1. Break down chicken into breast, thigh, drumstick.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. In a medium enamel coated cast iron pot heat butter and oil on medium high heat until butter browns. Add chicken skin side down and brown.
4. Turn and brown other side.
5. Remove from pan and reserve.
6. Add onions, garlic to pot and cover to cook until tender, 7-10 min. Add white wine, sherry vinegar simmer to reduce liquid by 50%.
7. Add rosemary, bay leaf then return chicken and top chicken with slices of lemon. Add potatoes.
8. Dust table with flour and roll dough onto a 1” rope shape and press onto edge of pot.
9. Place lid onto dough and seal dough to the edges.
10. Brush with egg wash mixture.
11. Bake in preheated oven 400⁰ for 1 hour.
12. Break off crust and lift lid.
Directions for Sealing Dough
1. In mixer with dough hook add water to bowl then cover with flour and mix on low speed 5 min to form smooth dough.
2. Let rest 15 min.
Directions for Spring Vegetables
1. Warm sugar snap peas and tomatoes in oil and season with salt and pepper. Finish with chives and garnish with pea tendrils and edible flowers.