Mario and Courtney Lopez show you how to put together the perfect food/beverage combination for your next party.
Root Beer Floats and Taco Bar
For Root Beer Floats:
- Frosted mug
- A&W Root Beer
- Vanilla Ice Cream
For Taco Bar:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded and refrigerated (until crisp and dry)
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 3 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 pound queso fresco, crumbled, or Monterey Jack, shredded
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Roasted-Tomato Salsa
- Salsa Verde
- Salsa Cruda
- Cooked Carnitas
- Cooked Chicken
- 1 to 2 packages corn tortillas (12 count)
Root Beer Floats:
- Start with a frosted mug
- Add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Fill to top with A&W Root Beer
- Arrange lettuce, radishes, and cilantro on a large platter. Place limes, cheese, sour cream, and salsas in separate serving dishes. Place chicken and pork in separate warm serving bowls. Garnish chicken with cilantro.
- Toast each tortilla in a hot skillet or directly over a gas flame until softened, 15 to 20 seconds per side. Stack tortillas in a dish towel, keeping them wrapped.
- Arrange all of the ingredients so family members can make their own tacos.