Bacon-Wrapped Chicken With Sweet Rutabaga Mash
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (4 ounces each)
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper • 8 slices lean turkey bacon (such as Butterball Everyday Thin & Crispy) • 4 cups peeled and roughly grated rutabaga • 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar • 3 packets monk fruit extract (such as Monk Fruit In The Raw)
- Place a rack 10 inches under the broiler and preheat.
- Season each side of the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each cutlet with two strips of bacon lengthwise, folding any excess bacon under the cutlet.
- Place the wrapped cutlets bacon side up on a sheet tray ﬁtted with a wire rack and place under the broiler to brown the bacon and cook the chicken through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the agave nectar and monk fruit extract in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the rutabaga in a microwave-safe bowl with the agave and monk fruit mixture, cover with wax or parchment paper, and microwave on high until very tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the paper and season with salt.
- Evenly divide the rutabaga among four plates, place a chicken breast next to each dollop of rutabaga, and serve.
Try adding a pinch of curry powder to the rutabaga while it cooks; it’s very good with the sweetness of the vegetable, and the turmeric in the curry is extremely good for you.
232 calories | 4g fat (.925g sat) | 80.5mg cholesterol | 288.5mg sodium | 18g carbohydrate | 4.5g ﬁber | 31g protein
Pumpkin Pie Smootie
• 1 cup cold water
• 2 cups no sugar added pumpkin puree (such as Libby's) • 24 packets monk fruit extract (such as Monk Fruit in the Raw) • 1 teaspoon cinnamon • 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar free instant butterscotch pudding (such as Jell-O) • ¼ teaspoon salt • ¼ cup liquid sugar free vanilla creamer (such as Coffee-Mate) • 5 cups of ice
- Pour everything in the blender except for the ice and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add half the ice, blend until smooth then add the remaining ice and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds for each addition
- Pour the mixture into 4 pint glasses and serve.
70 calories, 1.5g fat (0g sat) | 166mg cholesterol | 146mg sodium | 14.65g carbo.hydrate | 5.3g ﬁber | 2g protein
Recommended Ready Made Version
Vanilla Cream Shake Pure Protein
Fat: 0.5 | Calories: 170