- 1 store bought pizza dough or homemade pizza dough
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, plus extra for topping.
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped (or Calabrian chili peppers, optional for spicy lovers)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus extra for the tops
- 6 pieces thinly sliced salami
- 6 pieces sliced deli ham
- 6 pieces thinly sliced bresaola
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup finely sliced fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Marinara sauce, store bought or homemade
- 1 egg, for egg wash
THREE MEAT STROMBOLI DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Arrange the dough rectangle so the longer side is closest to you. Brush the border of the dough with egg wash, then spread the minced garlic out evenly, remembering to split the filling ingredients evenly across Stromboli. Leave about 1-inch border around the far and side borders.
Sprinkle the dough with the parmesan, then layer with the salami slices. Top the salami with a layer of deli ham and then a layer of bresaola. Next sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, red peppers and then top and finish with fresh basil and some ground black pepper. With the covered edge closest to you, roll the dough up into a log, gently sealing the ends of the roll as you go. When you get to the end that has no filling on it, gently press to seal, then place the roll seam-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the tops of the dough with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle with parmesan and Italian seasoning. Add small slits on the top about 3 or 4. Bake in the center of the oven until golden brown and puffy, 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve with marinara sauce.