Robert Irvine's Herb Crusted Roast Recipe
• One 10 to 12-pound prime rib roast, at room temperature
• ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped • ½ cup fresh rosemary leaves, chopped • ½ cup fresh tarragon leaves, chopped • ¼ cup fresh thyme leaves, chopped • 2 tablespoons salt • 1 ½ tablespoons ground pepper • ¼ cup vegetable or grapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- To prepare rib roast, remove the excess fat from the bottom of the roast, and then trim the layer of fat from the top rounded side. Save the trimmed fat.
- In a bowl, mix all the herbs well, and then add the salt and pepper and mix again. Next, add the oil, whisk to mix, and then apply to the exterior of the roast evenly on all sides. Top with the reserved trimmed fat. Roast until the internal temperature reaches 120° F for medium-rare, about 2 ½ hours. Then allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with the pan drippings or sauce if preferred.
Carrots and Rutabaga MashIngredients: • 1 pound peeled and chopped carrots • 1 pound peeled and chopped rutabaga • ½ stick, 4 tablespoons, butter • Salt • Freshly ground black pepper • 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Boil carrots and rutabaga together until just soft.
- Drain and add butter.
- Smash together using either a potato masher or food processor until it looks like a puree.
- Season with lots of pepper and a little salt.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fresh parsley.
Read more about Robert at: www.foodnetwork.com/robert-irvine