DIRECTIONS FOR THE SHRIMP CHORIZO:
1. Combine all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly in a bowl.
2. Stir dry ingredients into fat back.
3. Gently mix fat back into diced shrimp.
4. Grind fat back and shrimp together.
5. Add sherry vinegar.
6. Test and adjust seasoning if needed.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE SALSA VERDE:
1. Combine in a bowl and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
DIRECTIONS FOR AIOLI TOAST (OPTIONAL):
1. In a processor, begin by whipping the mustard, egg yolks and garlic and slowly drizzle in 1 ½ cup of the blended oil.
2. Add ice cubes as needed to both thin the mixture and to keep it cool.
3. Stop the machine and wipe down the sides of the bowl, add the lemon juice.
4. Turn the machine back on and slowly drizzle in the last half cup of oil.
5. Finish with salt to taste and pass through a tami. Smear on toasted baguette for plating.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE DISH:
1. Heat a nonstick grill pan over a medium heat.
2. Season halibut with salt and pepper and sear in grill pan for 2 minutes, turn fish and place in the oven for 3 minutes at 375 degrees.
3. Heat a medium sized fry pan to medium high heat.
4. Swirl in blended oil and 1 cup of crumbled chorizo in a single layer allowing the chorizo to caramelize.
5. Turn the chorizo, add the clams, chickpeas, broth and reduce by half.
6. Make sure all the clams have opened, swirl in butter, season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
7. Arrange a few pieces of the squash in the center of the bowl.
8. Place your perfectly cooked halibut on top.
9. Spoon the brothy clam and chorizo broth around the fish.
10. Drizzle with salsa verde, garnish with aioli toast and serve.